Code of Conduct
Power to Change seeks to glorify God by making a maximum contribution toward helping to fulfil the Great Commission in Canada and around the world by developing movements of evangelism and discipleship. As the person and work of Jesus Christ is central to our mission, I desire Jesus Christ to be in the center of my life and want to honour and please Him by the way I conduct myself, thus validating the gospel of Christ and contributing to the success of our mission. (Col. 1:10) As a follower of Jesus Christ I am also committed to obeying the Great Commandment to love God with all my heart, soul and mind and to love my neighbour as myself (Matt. 22:36-40). This will involve the following:
- Growing in Christlikeness: I commit to growing in personal holiness of life characterized by honesty, truthfulness and generosity, maintaining the highest ethical standards (1 Peter 1:14-16). I commit to having the attitude of Christ in showing compassion, demonstrating humility and patience, forgiving others and considering the interests of others ahead of my own (Phil. 2:1-15; Col. 3:12-14).
- Practicing Respect and Love for others: As a representative of God’s love for people, I commit to treating others with love, respect, and regard for their value and dignity as persons. I will handle my relationships with integrity and maturity, keeping in mind my responsibility as a role model (1 Tim. 4:12), and making lifestyle choices with consideration for those around me (Rom.14; I Cor. 10:23-33). I renounce all forms of hate, malicious behaviour, and harassment of others, and I will practice welcoming and respectful treatment to all people regardless of background, identity, and orientation which may be different from my own. (Eph. 5:1,2; Titus 3:2) I will respect the sanctity of life at all stages (Psalm 139:13,14).
- Living a life of faith: I commit to relying upon God for His grace to meet every need (2 Cor. 12:9; Phil. 4:19) and living in dependence upon the Holy Spirit in my daily life and ministry (Gal. 5:16; Eph. 5:18-21).
- Evangelism and Discipleship: I commit myself to present the gospel of Jesus Christ to people in my sphere of influence and beyond, encouraging them to become disciples of Christ through the direction and empowerment of the Holy Spirit (Mark 16:15; Acts 1:8).
- Serving others: I commit to following Jesus by serving the people I lead and work with (Matt. 20:25-28; John 13:14-15).
- Stewardship: I commit to honouring God with my body, as my body is the temple of the Holy Spirit (1 Cor. 6:19,20). I will make choices that build up my emotional, mental and physical health and will strive for purity of thought and respectful modesty (Phil. 4:8; I Tim. 2:9-10). I will abstain from drunkenness, illegal or mind-altering substances, unless prescribed by a physician, as well as abstaining from the habitual use of tobacco. I commit to reserving sexual expressions of intimacy for marriage, a sacred covenant between one man and one woman (Mark 10:6-9; Heb. 13:4).
- Community: I commit myself to meeting with other believers in a local church on a regular basis, edifying others and growing together as a caring community of followers of Christ (Heb. 10:24-25).